Sunday, December 18, 2011

Joy JOy JOY

The past couple weeks have been so great over here. I was able to go to Slovenia with a couple girlfriends for the day two weeks ago, then Graz that same week to do some Christmas shopping, then last Friday my parents surprised me!! I felt so loved and cared about when I saw them outside my door. I know it wasn't easy for them to get work off. And anyone who knows me, I don't get to enjoy surprises very often because for one I hate them and for two I'm too sneaky for my own good. This one was pretty great though and Dad even got it on tape.


Three of us girls went to Ljubljana, Slovenia for the afternoon to walk around the Christmas markets before heading the the KAC game in Jesenice. What a beautiful day we got sent our way. It was 50 degrees out with sunshine. It felt so good to sit by the river, have a coffee, and feel the sun shine on you. It was almost like free therapy!! I absolutely loved the city and plan on making more day trips there since it is only an hour away. (and they have an English movie theater as well)





Tyler, his buddy and I were able to make a quick trip up to Graz that week also. We found some Christmas presents, enjoyed the Christmas decorations, and got SUBWAY---twice :)



The thought still didn't settle with me that my parents were really here until about 2 days into it. We had such a great week walking around Klag, making Christmas cookies, Velden for coffee, Mom taught me how to knit, bought and wrapped presents, went to Magdalensburg for lunch, and my favorite of all; Mom dragging me on her famous power walks every day she was here---NOT. It was nice having her around though because she was always picking things up and cleaning the place! We were also able to go to Venice for an afternoon, which was an amazing experience. So neat how that city works and how it is all built and still standing. What a beautiful city. All in all it sure was a great week and I am so thankful they came to visit us at this special time of year and can't wait to see the rest of my family in April. 




Wishing it felt a little bit more Christmasy around here. I never thought I'd say this being a Minnesotan because we have plenty to go around, but snow where are youuu?? We also got a huuuge package from Tyler's parents yesterday too. Our tree is looking good with all the presents underneath it. Can't wait to open all of them. Thank you Justin and Tonia :)


Looking forward to a fabulous week full of hockey games, a ski resort, and a Christmas skate on the 24th. Thinking of you all as I sit here listening to my upstairs neighbor playing Christmas songs on what sounds like a clarinet. Tis the season right?!
xoxo
A & T

                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment